Total Pageviews

Monday, January 9, 2012

Living "At Home" Forever

5-year olds are just funny, aren't they?  They have such a different perspective on how life should go.

We inform Sam that we are keeping a list of all of things we are going to do at his house when he is old enough to own his own home (i.e. drop cereal on the floor, leave his little Darth Vader underwear on the coffee table, much on BBQ potato chips and let orange crumbs fall to the floor for someone else to clean up, smear sticky syrup on the sofa, etc). 

He comments that he just won't tell us where his house is ... to which we respond that we won't be able to bring him Christmas presents. Hmm ... He thinks about it and says, "Well, what about heaven ... you can't bring a list to heaven." I tell him, "Oh, My Love, but I AM bringing the list to heaven." He just looks at me ... no comeback for that one. He does a lot of thinking about these things.

At the dinner table, he often informs us that he is "never moving out! I will just live with Dad and Jen forever!"  Really? While that strikes terror into the hearts of any parent, especially the parents of teenagers, we know they would jump at the chance to be on their own after a certain age.

Sam's comment makes me think about the prospect of living with my Father forever. Not my earthly father (that wouldn't go over very well), but my Heavenly Father. At this very moment, He is preparing a place for us.

John 14:2   In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

I made an important decision in my life at the age of 9. I am thankful that someone led me to the Lord at an early age.  I am also confident in where I am going at the end of this life and that Christ is preparing a place for me.

In the meantime, we'll keep making the list for Sam, and no, I won't be bringing his list to heaven. Thank goodness I am forgiven and the Lord won't be bringing mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment