Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

My Daily Portion

How was your sticky, messy, sweet life yesterday?  To be perfectly honest, mine was more sticky and messy than sweet! But, I know that God used “my mess,” because He has given me a new day.  

I’ve been grappling with the “weight struggle” since the holidays. Ugh! After all these years, I finally learned that for me, it all comes down to portion sizes and eating "pure" foods (no white flour/sugar - processed foods).

As I looked in the mirror this morning (which leans back on an easel and I’m convinced it makes me look wider than I am – but that’s another blog waiting to happen) it led me to think about “my daily portion.”

We have learned through experience that God gives us exactly what we need for each day, just like the Israelites and their manna. He doesn’t give us too little or too much – but our exact “daily portion.”  If we become greedy and try to “take more" of the portion than God has provided, you can guess what the results are…we are miserable. If we don’t take enough … we find the Lord challenging us. The good news is that He gives us a steady diet of "pure food" through His Word!

He is our daily portion. In Him, we live, breathe and experience every messy, sticky, sweet moment of our day.

So, as I sit and watch the kids eat leftover candy canes, pizza, barbecue chips and whatever else those skinny, little bodies (what portion control?!) can handle … I’ll be content with my crisp, juicy apple … “my pure food and daily portion,” because that’s all I need.

Psalm 73:26
My flesh and my heart faileth; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion for ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment