Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Which One Is My Left?

I have been away from my blog for awhile. Life gets busy with a husband and three children who are out of school.

I posted on my Facebook page a conversation between Paul and our 5-year old, Sam. He told his dad he would retrieve the dishwasher detergent from the pantry and asked if it was on the right or left. His dad responded that it was on the left.  Sam then inquired, "Dad, which one is my left?" 

We were discussing finding treasures in Sunday school last week. There are so many treasures in God's Word. I miss my devotion time. Life has gotten so busy that my Bible reading is pretty much non-existent. Now, I do realize that it is no one's fault but my own and that "God is a busy guy" too.

As I was having this discussion about time and finding time to immerse myself in God's Word, the old saying came to mind ... "Give God what's right, not what's left."

I have been finding ways to make it part of my busy day through online devotions and online Bible websites that I can read on my "smart" phone. God has given us the tools to read His Word no matter where we are or how busy we become. We just have to use them (and keep them out of the spam filter).

I am so thankful for a church family that encourages me and lets me know that I am not the only one struggling to find time with God. And, that we can share tools and resources that help each other grow closer to Him. As you go through your week ... don't give God "what's left."

No comments:

Post a Comment