Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Carrying Heavy Weight

It’s only Tuesday!  I hate to wish time away, but can’t this week go any faster … a few more days until warmer weather and some time for God to work out things that are weighing heavy on my heart. I am having one of those days when I want things to be different … for God to be in control and take care of some things ... quickly!!

Last Summer, Paul was playing baseball (kind of) with Sam. Paul was pitching a plastic ball to Sam, who held onto a plastic, yellow bat. After several swings at the “air,” Sam became frustrated with his Dad and informed him that he should hit his bat with the ball. Again, Sam wanted Dad to do it his way.

That’s how I feel today. “God, can you just do it my way? Can you just work out some stuff that is causing hardship and be quick about it? Please take away the anxiety and frustration!”

People and "the world," in general, disappoint us. But God never does. We can be confident that His timing is perfect and His ways are not our ways. He assures us in Romans 8:28 that "... to those who love God all things work together for good."

If we are walking in His and doing the right things, He is taking care of business!

If you are feeling like I am today, just remember, Philippians 4:6 In nothing be anxious; but in everything by prayer with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

I may have to meditate on that one today and wait on the Lord to take away the worries and work things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment