Total Pageviews

Friday, February 4, 2011

Christian Sisters & Zephaniah 3:17

When I arrived at home last night, the house was full of activity. I was greeted with hugs and then everyone went about what they were doing. I went upstairs to change my clothes and ended up lying down on the bed for a few moments of QUIET (breathe in, breathe out). As I laid there, the Lord brought two friends to mind.

These two godly women are very special to me. They were part of my church family while I was growing up, and we were church camp counselors together many years ago ... Carol Ann and Liz.

During that week of camp, Carol wrote me a letter telling me how proud she was of me and her prayers for my life. While the paper is a bit yellowed and tattered, I still carry her words with me in my Bible.

Liz and I started our day before the campers were awake with Bible study and prayer. We stumbled over a particular, little known verse that we meditated on and prayed over ... Zephaniah 3:17.

"He will be quiet in His love for you ... He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy."

Liz and I still share our love for that verse today. As Christian sisters, it is "our special connection" with each other and with the Lord.

When I am struggling, or when things are loud and chaotic and I need a "time out," I remember Liz and Carol and meditate on Zephaniah 3:17 ... I know that even though we are not together, He is quiet in His love for us and He is rejoicing over all of us with shouts of joy!  If you have some time today, I encourage you to look up Zephaniah 3:17 and be confident in how the Lord feels about you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment