Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Don't Ask If You Don't Want to Know!

Tis the season! The Canelos Family resembles a doctor's office right now ... stuffy noses, coughs and lots of tissue ...  We have been to the emergency room two weeks in a row (nothing major). Saturday night, we visited the doctors and nurses at the ER for the second time. Sam had an ear infection and we arrived at the urgent care clinic at 4:02 (they close are 4:00 and they are very serious about that).

Yesterday, I received a survey in the mail from one of the new hospitals on the west side of town that we "frequent" now. They asked about the service, nurses, doctors, facility in general, etc. I tend to be brutally honest on surveys, as they are asking for a reason and it may be my only chance to "change" anything. Both Paul and I firmly believe that if you don't really want to know the answers, you shouldn't ask. Therefore, I wrote down our experience in the ER and placed the survey in the postage paid envelope to the "survey processing department." We'll see if it goes any further than the "processing department."

I laughed to myself as I thought that is how I approach God sometimes. I don't "ask" (pray) about a particular care, because I just don't want to know the answer. I don't pray for patience because I know God will teach me patience in what may be an uncomfortable or "unwanted" way.

We should approach God with ALL of our cares and burdens, knowing that He loves us beyond measure and wants the best for us. God's answers and timing are always perfect, as are His grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment